19 January 2021
We Are Brexit Ready... Are You? - 18th January 2021
Important information for customers below - action required!
Following DPD's temporary suspension of services to ROI and the rest of Europe last week, we are now once again in a position to ship orders to EU countries. We have been working hard for some time pre- and post-Brexit to ensure an uninterrupted supply to our customers in ROI, unfortunately we were impacted by DPD's temporary suspension but we have re-enabled services to ROI on our website and are once again trading almost as usual.
As a quick recap and summary of the changes we've had to make...
- All shipments require Commercial Invoice documentation - previously we always affixed a copy of the standard invoice to the outside of our parcels going to Ireland, however the new rules require much more in depth information to be included.
- The invoice needs to include detailed descriptions, country of origin information, internationally recognised product commodity codes and import duty information for each line item. We've been working hard to accurately categorise and determine the country of origin of each and every product listed on our website and are confident we now have this information ready to go.
- We need to send this information electronically to DPD before the order is shipped, and they will pass the information to the relevant authorities. We have been able to automate this process so a file containing all the necessary information is automatically created when your order is placed. We have thoroughly tested the format and structure of this file with DPD's shipping software, all tests have come back successful and we are now using this process to create labels and invoices for ROI shipments.
- As this file is created by our website in the background, from the 1st January 2021 we are only able to accept orders to ROI via our website, and will not be able to process phone, email or fax orders as we do now. We may be able to find a workaround to this in future, however in the short-term we will need all ROI orders to be processed via our website.
- We are now able to confirm that all orders to the Republic of Ireland will be able to be sent without UK VAT being charged, meaning we will no longer be collecting UK VAT on ROI orders. There may, however, be local VAT to be paid once the order arrives in Ireland. If this is the case, we expect any VAT due will need to be paid before DPD will be able to deliver the parcel. More information regarding the UK VAT process for export of orders can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/va...
In order for us to export goods to ROI and the rest of the EU we require you to provide us with an EORI (Economic Operators' Registration and Identification) number before we can accept your order. This is true for all exports from the UK to the EU, regardless of the supplier you are using to source goods from.
We strongly urge every customer in ROI, whether you import regularly or just every once in a while, to apply to Revenue Ireland for your own EORI number. In our experience with the UK authorities, the form only takes around 5 minutes to complete and we received both of our new EORI numbers within a couple of working days of submitting the application.
You can find more information from Revenue Ireland relating to EORI numbers and applications at the following link:
Without a valid EORI number we will not be able to accept any orders to ROI as we cannot be certain they will clear customs without delay or if at all.
Important Note for all customers in Northern Ireland:
Post-Brexit, shipping and customs rules will be changing for shipments from Great Britain to Northern Ireland as well. It is our understanding that very soon the processes for shipping to Northern Ireland will be very similar to the model outlined above.
In order to avoid a "hard-border" between Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland, it appears the decision has been made for customs and import information to be required for all shipments headed for the whole of Ireland. Officially these rules are in place now, however a transition period has been agreed until 1st April 2021 and at present we are still able to ship orders without any additional information or paperwork.
Following the end of the transition period customers in Northern Ireland will also require their own EORI number to receive goods from Great Britain. As above, we strongly encourage all customers in Northern Ireland to apply for their own EORI number as soon as possible.
You can find more information from the UK Government relating to EORI numbers and applications at the following link:
We are working hard to do all we can to minimise the impact on our customers following the UK's decision to withdraw from the European Union and are doing our best to anticipate and react to any changes we are subject to. If you have any questions at all we'll be more than happy to help, please contact James directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks as always, Team HWOS.
08 January 2021
DPD Temporary Suspension of Services to Republic of Ireland • January 2020
Despite all of our efforts to eliminate any disruption to our service offering post-Brexit, we have unfortunately received notification from DPD that they are currently suspending their services to Republic of Ireland. We have been advised they hope the suspension will only remain in place for a week or so, we will begin to ship to ROI as soon as these services are resumed and we are able to.
We worked hard to ensure we could continue to supply our Irish customers post-Brexit and are disappointed this issue has arisen despite our best efforts. We will continue to monitor the situation and resume Irish services again as soon as possible.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Below is the full communication we have received from DPD regarding this matter:
08 December 2020
Christmas and New Year Opening Hours and Courier Dates 2020
Due to Boxing Day falling on a Saturday this year we have had to amend our opening hours more than usual this Christmas. We have, however, added collections via DPD Local on Sundays over the Winter season to minimise any extended lengths of time where we are unable to ship out your orders. Please see the listing below for our full opening hours and courier collection dates and times over the festive period.
- We are open our regular hours and operating our normal delivery services up to and including Friday 18th December.
- Saturday 19th December - We are operating shorter opening hours of 8am to 11.30am and an earlier cut-off time of 11am for DPD Local services so we can complete our annual Winter stock take.
- Sunday 20th December - Open 8am to 1pm, cut-off for DPD Local orders is 1pm. DPD next-day services will be delivered on Monday 21st December.
- Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd December - Normal opening hours, collections and deliveries. Please note: Wednesday 23rd December is the last collection by FedEx, UPS and Royal Mail, any orders placed after the courier cut-offs for these services on Wednesday 23rd will be shipped on Tuesday 29th.
- Thursday 24th December Christmas Eve - Open 7am - 1pm. We are operating an earlier cut-off time of 12pm for DPD Local services, any DPD orders placed after 12pm will be shipped on Sunday 27th December for delivery on Tuesday 29th at the earliest.
- Friday 25th December Christmas Day Bank Holiday - Closed.
- Saturday 26th December - Closed.
- Sunday 27th December - Open 8am to 1pm, cut-off for DPD Local orders is 12pm. DPD next-day services will be delivered on Tuesday 29th December.
- Monday 28th December Boxing Day Bank Holiday - Closed.
- Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th December - Normal opening hours, collections and deliveries.
- Thursday 31st December New Year's Eve - Open 7am - 1pm. We are operating an earlier cut-off time of 12pm for DPD Local services, any DPD orders placed after 12pm will be shipped on Saturday 2nd January for delivery on Monday 4th at the earliest.
- Friday 1st January New Year's Day Bank Holiday - Closed.
- We are open our regular hours and operating our normal delivery services from Saturday 2nd January onwards.
Everyone at Heating World of Spares wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
30 November 2020
We are Brexit Ready - November 2020
In anticipation of the end of the Brexit transition period and the UK leaving the EU single-market on December 31st 2020, we have been working hard to ensure we can continue to supply our customers in Ireland with minimal disruption.
Although even at this late stage the trade agreement between the UK and the EU has not been finalised, we expect the following new rules and procedures to be applied when the transition period ends:
- All shipments will require Commercial Invoice documentation - at present we always affix a copy of the standard invoice to the outside of our parcels going to Ireland, however the new rules will require much more in depth information to be included.
- The invoice will need to include detailed descriptions, country of origin information, internationally recognised product commodity codes and import duty information for each line item. We've been working hard to accurately categorise and determine the country of origin of each and every product listed on our website, and will have all of this information ready by the end of the transition period.
- We need to send this information electronically to DPD before the order is shipped, and they will pass the information to the relevant authorities. We have been able to automate this process so a file containing all the necessary information is automatically created when your order is placed. We have tested the format and structure of this file with DPD's shipping software, all tests have come back successful and we are confident this will not have any impact on our ability to despatch orders on time.
- As this file is created by our website in the background, from the 1st January 2021 we will only be able to accept orders to ROI via our website, and will not be able to process phone, email or fax orders as we do now. We may be able to find a workaround to this in future, however in the short-term we will need all ROI orders to be processed via our website.
- We expect (however this has not yet been finalised and confirmed) that shipments from the UK to Republic of Ireland will be subject to Import Duties upon arrival in the destination country. The amount of duty that will be levied depends on the type of goods being shipped (the duty for certain categories is around 2%, whereas for others it could be up to 6%). We will look to provide an estimate of the duty that may be due to be paid upon import to Ireland when you place your order. DPD will contact you once the parcel is ready for delivery, however you will need to arrange for the duty fee to be paid before DPD will be able to actually deliver your order. More information around the process for this will be provided by DPD once the parcel is ready.
- We also expect (however again this has not yet been finalised and confirmed) that all orders to the Republic of Ireland will be able to be sent without UK VAT being charged, meaning we will no longer be collecting UK VAT on ROI orders after the transition period. There may, however, be local VAT to be paid once the order arrives in Ireland. If this is the case, we expect the method for collecting the VAT will be similar to the method for collecting duty detailed above, and any VAT due will need to be paid before DPD will be able to deliver the parcel.
As always, if you have any feedback or questions regarding our Brexit preparations or any of our other products and services please do not hesitate to get in touch, email@example.com
Many thanks, Team HWOS
16 November 2020
Important Notice - Temporary Suspension of DPD Pre-12pm and Pre-10.30am Services until 3rd January 2021
It is with great regret we have to announce DPD have made the decision to suspend all timed delivery services (including pre-12pm and pre-10.30am services) during their Christmas peak period, running from 20th November 2020 until 3rd January 2021.
This means we will not be able to ship any timed services at all via DPD during this period.
As per DPD's recent announcement to its customers:
"Consumer demand has changed as a result of the pandemic and there has been a significant shift towards this increase of business-to-consumer deliveries, which is forecasted to continue in to the peak period. The forecast volumes have accelerated our plans by 3 years, and to support this we have invested in infrastructure, IT and people to deliver the volume. However, during the peak weeks we will suspend our premium services to allow our drivers more effective routing and maximising deliveries"
DPD argue that by eliminating premium services they will be able to plan their driver's delivery routes more efficiently and therefore expect to be able to deliver more parcels in a day per driver.
While we strongly oppose and disagree with this move as we know how crucial morning deliveries are in enabling our customers to complete their daily workload, we unfortunately are not in a position to resist this change and have no choice but to accept the decision and suspend the availability of these services until the new year.
As of the evening of Thursday 19th November we will remove the option of these timed services from our website and our sales team will only have access to standard services when shipping via DPD.
All other courier services remain unaffected - at present we have received no indication FedEx will be making a similar decision, so we expect FedEx pre-12 services to remain available throughout this Winter and beyond.
We do genuinely and sincerely apologise for this temporary reduction in available services and completely understand the potential difficulties this may cause.
As always we will do everything within our power to get your orders to you as quickly as possible, if you have any questions about these changes or any of our other services please get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org
11 November 2020
Royal Mail Services Now Available Online for Small, Lightweight Orders
We are now pleased to offer Royal Mail services to all parts of the UK and Channel Islands for small, lightweight orders on our website. As long as the contents of your basket are below a certain weight and can fit in either a large letter or small parcel, Royal Mail services will automatically be displayed in the service list when you checkout as normal.
We have managed to individually weigh and measure over 7,000 products in order to be able to offer these services, so as long as the website knows how big and heavy a product is, it will be able to figure out which services to offer. This means we'll always be able to offer the cheapest service available based on your basket contents, rather than offering a flat postage charge.
For example, if all the good will fit in a large letter and the total weight is below 500g, you will be offered a Royal Mail Large Letter service, costing just £1.25 exc. VAT for an untracked, 48-hour service. There are multiple different untracked service tiers all the way from a Large Letter, less than 500g, up to Small Parcels which can weigh up to 2kg, meaning you'll always pay the lowest price available for your basket contents.
We're also offering tracked 24- and 48-hour services for parcels weighing up to 1kg. These parcels are fully tracked to your door and you'll receive a tracking link to keep an eye on your parcel at the end of the day once your order has been shipped.
All pricing and expected timescales will be displayed during checkout, exactly the same as our regular DPD Local, Fedex and UPS Access Point services.
Please note: if the website does not have information about the weight and dimensions of a product (we have over 100,000 products listed online, we're working hard to add more information but it will take some time!) then Royal Mail services will not be displayed at checkout. We have made sure every product in our latest trade catalogue has been weighed and measured, plus another 4,000 or so of our fastest moving lines so you should see Royal Mail services at checkout as long as the total basket weight is less than 2kg and all goods will fit in a Royal Mail Small Parcel.
Please also note: These services are only available for deliveries from our main warehouse.
We're always looking to improve our service offering and lower shipping costs wherever possible, if you have any feedback regarding our new Royal Mail services or any other of our shipping options we'd love to hear it, please contact email@example.com
Many thanks, Team HWOS.
09 October 2020
New Payment Option Available Now • Save your card details for future use!
Powered by Stripe
We've just added a new payment option to the checkout process to make ordering as quick and easy as possible - card payments powered by Stripe, in addition to our existing payment options PayPal, SagePay, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
The benefit of the Stripe payment option is we can now offer the ability for customers to save their card details for future use, meaning you'll now no longer need to input your card information for every order.
We've even added the option for you to make Stripe payments your default payment option, meaning you'll be able to breeze through the checkout in just a few clicks.
We are 100% confident in the security of this payment method, and that of our website on the whole. As we've mentioned in the past, when we created our new website two years ago security for our customers was the number 1 priority and we're confident we have achieved our goal of a super-secure website that offers a huge range of products, delivery services and now payment options.
Please note: This payment page is handled entirely by Stripe payments. As with all of our other payment options on the website, Heating World of Spares Ltd. NEVER see, process, store or have access to any of your card details.
We are completely committed to ensuring the security of your payment information, which is why we've taken so long to introduce this feature to our website - we were waiting until we found a solution we were completely happy with before adding this functionality.
As always we appreciate each and every order we receive, and of course if you have any feedback about any aspect of our website please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks, Team HWOS.
09 October 2020
All New Fernox 265ml Protector F1 and Cleaner F3 Liquid Available Now
Fernox Central Heating Protector F1 • 265ml Liquid • Treats 100 Litres
Fernox Cleaner F3 • 265ml Liquid • Treats 100 Litres
11 September 2020
Danfoss Extends EH and ES Kerosene Nozzle Range to include sizes up to and including 2.00USgal/hr
We have added all sizes for 60° and 80° patterns in both EH and ES and already have them on order with Danfoss. We have received some lines so far and expect the rest to follow shortly to ensure we always have all popular nozzles in stock ready for despatch.
You can find the new sizes on the original EH and ES nozzle pages in our online Trade Store here
Thanks as always, Team HWOS
01 September 2020
Product Pricing Update - September 2020
The following suppliers have enforced price increases which will take effect this week and will unfortunately have an effect on some of our previously advertised trade pricing.
Baxi Group Brands (Andrews Water Heaters, Baxi, Main, Potterton, Heatrae Sadia) - Boiler and Water Heater Spares
Ideal - Boiler Spares
Keston - Boiler Spares
For up to date pricing for these product ranges, please check our online trade store.
Please note: While we always do all we can to maintain consistently low prices, prices can fluctuate at any time and this is not to be treated as an exhaustive list of all changes. As always, please check our online trade store or call 01388 760 333 for up to date pricing.